Canby Fire District ~ Administrative Services Division
Welcome to the Administrative Services Division of Canby Fire District. We are responsible for all District business functions including: budget and finance, grants administration, employment and personnel administration, insurance and contract administration and general business administration. Our administrative offices are open Monday – Friday from 8am-5pm. Please take a moment to review the department profile and statistics as well as the hot links that will provide valuable information about our operations.
- The District was formed in 1947 as Canby Rural Fire Protection District.
- It currently protects 54 sq. miles, covering the cities of Canby, Barlow and the surrounding rural area with 2 stations.
- The main station at 221 S. Pine St is staffed with full time career personnel. The District’s sub-station on Hwy 170 relies on volunteers and up to 3 resident fire science/paramedic students.
- A five (5) member elected Board of Directors governs the Fire District
- The District is staffed with 18 career staff and 30 volunteers
- The District is organized in five key Divisions: Administration, Operations, Fire Prevention, Training, and EMS.
- The 2012/13 budget is approximately $4.5 million dollars. The permanent tax rate is $1.5456/$1,000 of assessed value with a $.34/$1,000 local option levy.
- Key services of Canby Fire District includes fire suppression, basic and advanced life support medical response and transport, public education, code enforcement and investigation
- Annual alarm volume in 2012 was 2130 calls for service. Please see the link to our annual alarm report for more information.