Skip to main content


Q: Where can I dispose of used needles and medications?

A: Used, or unused, needles can be disposed of at the South Metro Transfer Station in Oregon City. This location can also take old extinguishers, batteries, light bulbs, paints and stains, etc. For more information visit the Metro South website.

Q: Is today a burn day?

A: Burning regulations are monitored and enforced through DEQ and change daily. Please call our burn line at 503-266-1195 for the current burn information. You can also visit DEQ’s website for more information or to file a smoke complaint.

Q: Do you check car seats?

A: Canby Fire District currently does not employ anyone certified to perform car seat inspections. Canby Police Department (503-266-1104) is a local resource for this or you can visit Oregon Impact’s website to find events near you and other helpful installation information.

Q: Do you replace smoke alarms?

A: Canby Fire District partners with the Oregon State Fire Marshal Office to receive smoke alarms for families with low income. Regardless of your financial status, Canby Fire will send personnel to test your alarms and replace the unit or batteries if needed. This is a free service to those unable to perform this task themselves. Call our office at 503-266-5851 to schedule an installation time.